2019 Courses at Avenidas
8 Wednesdays, 10 AM-Noon, March 27-May 22. Call Avenidas to register. 650 289-5400. Tuition: $150. Avenidas, 450 Bryant Ave., Palo Alto. (We are back in our newly remodeled building.) No class on May 8th.
Registration starts 3/4/19
Learn the tools known to experienced authors to create your own poems, stories, memoirs, and essays. We discuss dialogue, scenes, sentence structure, imagery, characterization, story arcs and more. I will make a podcast of your favorite class piece and put it on my website. (And on Avenidas’s website – someday soon.)
8 Wednesdays, 10 AM-Noon, October 2-November 27. No class on October 9. (A continuing class; prior classes not required.)
A Selective Bibliography of Published/Performed Works by Enid Davis
- Deleted. 2018. A full-length play written and directed by Enid. First produced at Avenidas in October 2018.
- Jeans! The Musical. Words and Music by Enid. Book by Diane Claerbout and Caryn Yacowitz. First produced at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, June 2018.
- A Slice of Rye/A Bite of Joy. Two plays based on Jewish folktales written and directed by Enid. Performed at the Palo Alto Jewish Community Center in 2014.
- The Ogre Awards. An annual musical, starring 88 second graders. Written and directed by Enid from 1996-2012 at The Harker School in San Jose.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Children’s Literature with a Jewish Theme.Schocken Books, 1981. Literary criticism.
- Latke Lad: A Hanukkah Tale to Serve with Your Potato Pancakes. Written, illustrated, and published by Enid, 1981. A fractured folktale.
- The Liberty Cap: A Catalogue of Non-Sexist Materials for Children.Academy Press, 1977. Literary criticism.